Following early beginnings of Catholic schooling at Kyabram West (18781909), St. Augustine’s School opened in 1904 with 15 pupils and operated with lay teachers for the next 15 years. The education of the children of the parish was a high priority for the Augustinian priests who were ministering the parish at the time. In 1919, following the opening of the new convent and the arrival of the Brigidine sisters, four teaching nuns replaced the lay teachers and the enrolments reached 100 pupils.
The Brigidine Sisters have taught continuously in our school for over 70 years. From 1960, there was a gradual move to lay staff. In 1977, the School Board in conjunction with the Parish and the Catholic Education Office, initiated the merge of St. Augustine’s Primary School and St. Augustine’s College.
1998 saw the introduction of our new school, St. Augustine’s P10. In 2008, St. Augustine’s became a P12 College, offering courses to senior secondary students in the pathways of VCAL and VCE.
Over recent years numbers at St Augustine’s College have seen a steady increase, with enrolments now close to 730 students. The college has undergone extensive building projects in line with a master plan to cater for these increased enrolments and changing needs of learning and learners.