At St. Augustine’s College, we view the careers and pathways counselling process as vital in supporting our young adults to transition into life beyond compulsory schooling with clarity, focus and purpose. We have a strong team of dedicated staff focused on this process, in particular our Career’s practitioner who coordinates and oversees all processes involved with transition and pathways.
St. Augustine's College transition and pathways support:
- Year 9: Kyabram Industry Day visits (CCLEN)
- Year 10: Beacon Program – Polish Day, Charter Signing, Business Blackboards, Mock Interview
- Year 10: Work Experience
- Years 10 & 11: Careers Expos Melbourne and Shepparton
- Years 11 & 12: Structured workplace learning (VCAL)
- Years 10-12: VETiS
- Years 9-12: Individual careers and subject counselling
We also participate in the Careers Fast Track program at Year 10 and have a careers focus mapped into our curriculum from year 7, following the Career Development Framework.